[TriLUG] RH8 and Evolution Problem

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 5 09:30:19 EDT 2002

Ken,

Check to see if you have any legacy Evo processes running.  How are you
shutting it down?  Just going to the X in the corner of the window is
not recommended, in my experience.  Shutting it down using the
File->Exit method seems to be the best way.  Occasionally, processes
will remain open.  When this happens to you again, try running 'killev'
from the command line.  Once it finishes, open Evo again.  Should do the
trick for you.  However, it's not something that you want to do often,
as it doesn't do things nicely (I think it uses signal 9, which we all
know is a last resort).

Good luck.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer