[TriLUG] RH8 and Evolution Problem

Ken Mink kmink at hotpop.com
Sat Oct 5 16:48:26 EDT 2002

Wow. I wasn't expecting this many responses, especially since it's
Saturday. Thank you all.

I'm going to respond to all the questions and suggestions at once. Well,
most anyways.

I have been exiting Evolution from File->Exit. I can close and open it
as many times as I want, during one login session. If I log out and log
back in, no love from Evolution.

I have checked and there was only evoltuion-alarm running after logging
out. I sync my Palm with Evolution and there are some alarmed Calendar
items, so I would expect this. Trying killev didn't help.

Mark's suggestion of removing '/tmp/orbit-ken' seemed to do the trick.
It's annoying to have to do each time, but at least I don't have to
reboot so often.

Thanks,
Ken

P.S. Someone at RedHat needs to be bitch slapped for removing mp3
support from xmms on rh8. After installing a new version of the OS, I
wasn't expecting a lack of mp3 support to be the reason my mp3s wouldn't
play. That one took a while to diagnose.