[TriLUG] mp3 support in Red Hat Linux 8.0

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Sun Oct 6 18:50:32 EDT 2002

A Diumenge 06 Octubre 2002 17:38, Greg Brown va escriure:
> RH still makes a fine server.  I'm running 7.1 on a PIII at work as
> my primary pop mail server.  I installed it as an emergency outgoing
> SMTP server during The Great Lucent Exchange Crash and it's still up
> and running (only now with about 50 pop users).  For stuff like that
> RH rocks.  Last time I checked my uptime on this server it was at six
> months or so.  That's stable, in my book.  I'd upgrade the server to
> 8.0 but frankly I'm afraid to.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I mean. If you are on top of the securities updates for the server, the
server does what you want and you need none of the new goodies from
8.0, don't change it.

We are talking about production servers, not your home sand-box tot ry
out stuff.

At least, if you plan to switch, do some research, get some trielas
running... before switching production stuff. Linux is great as you do
not need the latest thinggy to be usable.

My 2 cents.

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.2 - Kernel  2.4.18-8.1mdk    Linux Machine # 38068