[TriLUG] XP and Linux coexist?

Tarus Balog tarus at sortova.com
Mon Oct 7 10:02:17 EDT 2002

I am not sure about XP, as Windows 2000 is the latest version of the
Microsoft O/S that I plan to run, but I have seen some issues in my home
setup with ICS and Linux.

I am forced to use DirecPC for my Internet connection, and DirecPC
requires a Windows box to run the drivers for the access device. When
using ICS, I got frequent network stalls from Linux.

The solution, provided by this group, was to get Deerfield's Wingate proxy
server. Using the HTTP, FTP and SOCKS proxy (for ssh) I am able to use my
DirecPC connection from Linux on other machines.

-T

--
Tarus Balog
Consultant