[TriLUG] sparc 4 hardware

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 7 21:55:49 EDT 2002

All signs point to junk; no iptables and I can't use both ethernet
interfaces plus it sounds exceptionally slow.  Does anyone have any use
for a Sparc4 (working keyboard, mouse, and monitor), and a Sparc LX?
If so, it's yours.

Does anyone have a good idea what to do with this hardware?  First
Sparc in space?  Snail mail it to a random address in China?  Donate to
some 3rd world "in need of computers" program?  Test the "boat anchor"
theory for real?  Set it by the side of the road with "Free to good
home" sign to see how long it takes for someone to pick it up?  Hood
ornament?   Speed bump?

Greg