[TriLUG] Howto: Burn linux installation CD's from Windows

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Oct 8 08:15:21 EDT 2002

Hello,

Are you familiar with burning CDs at all?  The Linux installation CDs,
such as Red Hat Linux 8, or Mandrake 9, are no different from any other
data CDs.  (Mandrake 9 does require the 700MB/80 min. CDRs.)  Just
download the ISO files and burn them!  If your computer won't boot from
the CD drive (very rare these days), you'll have to make boot floppies;
this process is well documented.

If you're running Roxio's not-so-easy CD creator, you should just be
able to double-click on the ISO files to load them into the software.

Hope this helps,
Jeremy