[TriLUG] sorta OT: Microsoft, licenses, and security

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 8 21:27:35 EDT 2002

Regarding that "do I support M$ or not" thread I advise anyone still
thinking that it's not a bad thing to support Microsoft when it's not
100% required to read the following article:

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2123526,00.html

Here is a direct quite from a Microturd employee:

Asked why it has taken Microsoft 25 years to get trustworthy computing
into the forefront of its efforts, he said: "Because customers wouldn't
pay for it until recently."

That makes me want to vomit.

Once again M$ is telling you in their own words that GNU/Linux is the
only way to go.

Who else can you trust?  Even if you don't trust any major Linux distro
just check the source code.

Greg