[TriLUG] RH 8.0 Install Problems

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Oct 11 11:03:26 EDT 2002

Hi All-

I tried (about 6 different times) last night to install RH 8.0 to
a Dell Inspiron 8000.  Four times errors resulted after switching to the
next screen ... but the last two times, I was able to get to the part
after it formats and tries to start installing the packages (i think the
first package was a glibc one of some sort).

Anywho, the install froze both times ... and I was sick of going back
through the configuration to get to that point (after a couples hours of
re-starting the install process over and over and over).

Any pointers or ways to resolve the problem?

Thanks,
Doug