[TriLUG] Help! Red Hat v7.2 / IBM ThinkPad T21 crash

Robert Heinich robert_heinich at juno.com
Sat Oct 12 13:03:01 EDT 2002

I could use some help in recovering my system.

Upon boot-up,  I receive
   Error reading block 65710 (attempt to read block from filesystem
   resulted in short read) while doing inode scan

Tried
   fsck -y /dev/hda and it reports that
      Couldn't find ext2 superblock, trying backup blocks...
      fsck.ext2: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to
                 open /dev/hda

Tried
   fsck -b 8193 /dev/hda
      and
   fsck -b 16385 /dev/hda

   both report Bad magic number in super-block while trying to
               open /dev/hda

The Win98SE boots ok.

If some kind soul would call me, I would appreciate it.

advTHANKSance,
Robert Heinich
    (m) 919-247-4489
    (h) 919-382-9668
e-mail: robert_heinich at juno.com

:---
IBM ThinkPad T21, PIII 800Mhz, 384MB
Red Hat v7.2 with all patches; kjournald on
   with Win4Lin
Win98SE