[TriLUG] Promise MBFastTrak133 Raid Controller

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Mon Oct 14 02:30:36 EDT 2002

I've got a Asus A7V333 motherboard with a built on Promise PDC 20276 ATA
133 RAID controller.  I have two 60 GB ATA133 Maxtor drives connected to
the both channels and striped raid set up and running Winbloze XP.  I'd
like to install RedHat 8.0 or Mandrake 9.0 on the system, but during
installation, it asks me to reinitialize the hard drives.  It sees them
as two individual drives rather than a single RAID drive.

Promise has a driver available from their web site, but it's only
available for RH 7.1-7.3.  Of those, I've "already got one.  It'suh very
niceuh."  So, anyone have any pointers on how to get this system up and
running?

If I get no greater insight before say tomorrow night, I'm going to
scratch the HW raid and re-setup my system using mirrored raid via
software.