[TriLUG] DHCP

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Oct 14 15:11:46 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 14:50, Jeff Bollinger wrote:

> How do you renew an IP address via DHCP without using pump?  I've
> haven't had to use DHCP in a while, and I always used to use pump.

What distribution and version are you using?  There are at least three
DHCP clients in common use: dhcpcd, dhclient, and pump.  The network
setup varies quite a bit by distribution.  Red Hat Linux 8.0 uses
dhclient by default; with recent versions of Red Hat you can renew your
IP address by running "service network restart" as root.

--Jeremy