[TriLUG] Best Linux-supported CDRW?

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Mon Oct 14 18:16:37 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 11:26, Jason Tower wrote:
> the inexpensive lite-on cdrw that we used at lulu seemed to do a good job, you
> can get them almost anywhere and they don't cost much.  i think we burned 25
> CDs with maybe one failure which was probably human error...
>
> jason

The magazine "Maximum PC (minimum BS)" rated LiteOn CD-RW burners as a
"Kick-Ass" product, even better than Plextor. This "award" means that
LiteOn is a very good quality hardware, capable of surviving the bunch
of overclockers and hardware abusers that work at "Maximum PC TestLabs".

I own a Lite On myself. It works great. And they are inexpensive as
well. I've burned ...plenty of CDs (backups, CDA -> grip -> CD-mp3,
CDA->CDA...) and zero problems so far.

Salut,
Sinner
--