[TriLUG] Best Linux-supported CDRW?

Reginald Reed reginald at cisco.com
Tue Oct 15 00:35:33 EDT 2002

Ditto on Lite-On drives.  I have a 12-10-32 and 32-12-40(?), both
Lite-On and they ROCK.  They work perfectly in Linux, Windows, MacOS X,
etc out of the box with no issues at all.  No coasters that was the
fault of the drives and I use the cheapest CD-Rs that I can find,
usually less than $5-10 for 50 or 100 discs after rebate.

The 32x drive was the last one I bought a few months ago and it was $30
after a $50 rebate at Staples.  The "brand" was CenDyne, but the drive
mechanism and id in BIOS IDE auto config is Lite-On.  I burn everything
at 32x.

Buy one, you won't be sorry.

--Reggie