[TriLUG] Installfest and Parking (or the lack thereof!)---big round building behind the Library!!

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 17 16:06:34 EDT 2002

Many thanks to all who responded.
-----------------------
 If someone could give narrative directions to the group as to which roads
to take off either Hillsboro St. or Western Blvd. they would be extremely
useful. Something such as: "Go East on Hillsboro until you come to ____ St.
Look for the _____ Store then turn right, go to (blah, blah, blah)."

It would also be helpful to have this narrative to help those who are
totally unfamiliar with Raleigh to help them find Hillsboro or Western Blvd.
Either street should be enough, but both would be super.

--See you Sat. IF I CAN FIND A PARK. If worse comes to worse (or should I
say, "best comes to best" since that would mean we would have a lot of new
Linux users!!) at the K-Mart parking lot just off U.S. 1 on Western Blvd.,if
the group can set up a big installfest carpool!! Even closer still, there is
a large parking lot just off Western Blvd close to the Mission Valley
Theater (but it is way too far to walk carry anything from).  :-))

Hopefully it won't come to that and there will be enough parking nearby. My
experiences with trying to use the NCSU library in the past have been
extremely frustrating precisely because of a lack of parking. It's not as
bad as Chapel Hill, but close enough!! ---Al Johnson.