[TriLUG] new installfest map and directions

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Oct 17 16:47:31 EDT 2002

Since there seems to be some confusion about how to get to Harrelson
Hall, I've annotated the NCSU map a little bit.

Please see http://www.trilug.org/ncsu_directions.php
At the bottom of that page, the first link has an annotated map showing
a possible route (there are other routes, but that one should work)

The exact directions are:

1)  Take Hillsborough St towards NC State.  It should be blindingly
obvious from any map of Raleigh where Hillsborough St. is.  (See the
above directions page also.)

2)  As you approach the NC State campus, look for the DH Hill library on
the left -- the 9-story building with large, shorter wings on either
side.  It's the tallest building and fairly close to Hillsborough.

3)  Go *past* D.H. Hill library, then make the next right into campus.

4)  Make a left onto the parallel service road, and then an immediate
right onto Lampe Dr.

5)  Take Lampe to its end at a T.  Turn right on Stinson.

6)  Take Stinson to the end... you should see the round Harrelson at
this point.  There is a small area for drop-off.

7)  You should probably be able to park along Stinson or the nearby
area.  If not, take the short one-way street from Harrelson toward
Yarbrough (see map).  There's lots of parking along Yarbrough.

Hope this helps.  I don't see any way to be more specific.  I don't
think there's ANY need for a "park and ride" on a Saturday!

--Jeremy