[TriLUG] sendmail & dyndns

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Sat Oct 19 20:42:49 EDT 2002

1. what does /var/log/maillog say (or wherever debian puts the mail logs)?

2. try installing webmin (webmin.com) which has a pretty good sendmail config
module.  this might help you pinpoint the problem.

3. try postfix instead of sendmail or exim.  it has a single well-documented
config file that is fairly easy to work with.

are you trying to send mail from the same machine that has the MTA or another
box on the network?  if the latter you will probably have to explicitly allow
relaying from the local subnet (every MTA handles this differently).

jason