[TriLUG] Newbie Mtg Plans - Part 2

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 22 09:19:22 EDT 2002

Well... if you follow the steps for a small business install, it will
work for you whether your business has one worker (you at home) or
several workers.

The key to getting Mail to work is DNS.  Once the DNS and ip addresses
are setup properly then mail will flow - whether you are a business or
just one person.  This process is made much easier if you have a static
IP address though that is not necessary.

Of course we are going to cover a lot more than that.  We want your mail
server to be secure and unusable to spammers (no open relays, thank
you!).  Plus we want to cover POP setup (and IMAP) and basic spam
filtering.

Jon