[TriLUG] a C question -- lightenup

H Brett Bolen wingedlizard at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 23 10:40:01 EDT 2002

> Also, your variable declaration, "int fav_num;" should really be inside
> your main() function, not hanging out by itself.

'Lighten up, Francis'

Jeesh, guys.  This is not related to his question.

This reminds me of when I was in college.  As an EE student, I took
a 'numerical calculations' course ( a math course) to teach myself
turbo pascal ( a great product in it's time: compiler, editor, ide --
all in 39k ).  Everybody else was using BASIC.

On an assignment, I got points off because my program wasn't structured
well enough for the CS majors.

I went to the teacher and told her,  "How can you take points of my
paper for style, when everybody else is using BASIC?"

I got my points back.