[TriLUG] Low-cost Certification Course?

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 23 20:18:26 EDT 2002

Can you provide training to homeless RHCE hopefuls (or even Lucent
employees)?  I've always been big on self-study but I'd like to get a
real idea of just what is required to pass the RHCE.  I've been on the
RHCE list of a while and most information I've found about the test is
all stated in a very general way.

I'd like specifics on this like do I need to reconfigure a kernel?  Do
I need to enable routing, DNS, and sendmail without using a GUI tool?
That kinda stuff.  I didn't start with SLS back in 1992, but I have
been using Linux off-and-on since 1996 (mostly off up until RH 7.1) and
UNIX all during that time as a Perl/SNMP hack (and light system admin).

Greg