[TriLUG] NAT / home network connectivity problem

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Thu Oct 24 10:29:00 EDT 2002

some 3Com cards have trouble with detecting the cable or negotiating the link
speed and/or duplex (one of my 3com NICs ran into this at the NCSU
installfest).  not sure if it's a linux kernel module issue or a hardware
(but i'm inclined to say hardware).  supposedly there exists a DOS utility
that can be used to change the bios setting on the nic itself, that might
bring you some relief.  i'm sure cnet.com or mr. google can help you find the
utility.

jason