[TriLUG] Red Hat 8.0, X, and mouse question

Matt Hoover Matt.Hoover at haht.com
Fri Oct 25 18:24:00 EDT 2002

Hello all,
I have just installed Red Hat 8.0 on a Gateway Solo 2300 laptop.  Most
everything is working well, except for the mouse in X.  I have tried with
both the touchpad that is built into the laptop, and with a Microsoft Wheel
Mouse 3.0 PS/2 Compatible mouse.  When I am using the touchpad, the problem
is that the mouse cursor keeps returning to the lower left corner of the
screen.  With the PS/2 mouse, there is a lot of jitter when I move the
mouse.  It is especially bad when I try to click on a button on the screen.
During the install I told the X configuration that I had a Microsoft
Intellamouse PS/2.  I am trying to figure out what driver I need to make
things work, and where to get the driver.  I have not had any luck with
Google searches, probably because I don't know the right keywords.
Any and all help appreciated in advance,
--matt hoover