[TriLUG] Red Hat 8.0 menu, networking, and DVD player

Robert Baker rbaker at smithlaw.com
Mon Oct 28 11:11:19 EST 2002

Maria,

How did you get your wireless PC Card to work?
I have a DELL Inspiron 3800
I just installed RH8 but currently using a Xircom PC Ethernet card.
I've tried to configure my Linksys WPC11 card

I downloaded the linux_wlan_ng_0114_pre1.tar.gz
Went thru the process of making etc.. but got and error on this step:

   - Linux source directory [/usr/src/linux]:
        The config script will attempt to automagically find your kernel
        source directory.  If found, the kernel source source directory
        will be presented as the default selection.  If the default
        selection is wrong, you may correct it here.

I'm not sure where this is on my system or if it should be there?

Anyone have any ideas on what to try?  I'm a newbie ;-P

>>> Rob Baker <<<
Webcentric Applications Developer