[TriLUG] Sendmail+ldap+directory administrator

Ben Simpson ben at silextech.com
Mon Oct 28 17:40:09 EST 2002

I am having trouble with sendmail working with LDAP for email routing.
 (mail that is addressed to ben at silextech.com should go to john at doe.com)

I am using Directory administrator to do the admin part.  It will enter
the MailLocalAddress and the MailRoutingAddresses correctly.

So I know that Directory Administrator+LDAP together are functioning.

I have put the following in my sendmail.mc file

feature('ldap_routing')

define('confldap_default_spec','-h ldap.silextech.com -b o=silex
technologies,c=us')

ldaproute_domain('silextech.com')

I have tried to compile it and it will not accept the
define(confldap_default_spec) line.
It says> "warning excess arguments to built-in 'define' ignored."
Then it says "using default Feature(ldap_routing) map definitions
without setting confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC option"

I have been working on this quite a while and I have looked over and
over several different websites.
Not sure what to try now.

Ben