[TriLUG] redhat & daylight savings time

Thomas C. Meggs tom at plik.net
Tue Oct 29 10:36:01 EST 2002

Hi,

I have several Redhat 7.x boxes which decided they didn't want to fall
back on Sunday. Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do to make
sure that they update their clocks in the future? Even on a couple that
were running ntpd, the time stayed precise, but was still an hour off.

I found a note in the RedHat 5.1 documentation mentioning that if the
hardware clock isn't set to GMT, it wouldn't update. From an initial
investigation this may still be true, but I couldn't dig up any mention
of that still being the case under newer releases.

Any pointers / suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tom

--
$Id: .sig,v 1.18 2002/10/12 20:27:23 tom Exp $

pub  1024D/87F1C20F 2001-11-15 Thomas C. Meggs <tom at plik.net>
Key fingerprint = 5E9A D535 B9DA A889 984B  9654 2025 409B 87F1 C20F
http://plik.net/tom/publickey.php

"Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not
dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry."
	    -- Sir Winston Churchill