[TriLUG] redhat & daylight savings time

Thomas C. Meggs tom at plik.net
Tue Oct 29 10:52:24 EST 2002

Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 10:45, Joseph Tate wrote:
>
>>Run timeconfig, set the time zone to est5edt.  Viola
>>

> It doesn't always work, though (and the preferred setting is something
> like America/New_York , not est5edt).  I had the exact same problem on
> my RHL 8 system.  I wonder if the "fall back" only works if the system
> is running when the time change occurs?  All of my running systems fell
> back properly.  My laptop which was not running required a manual
> change.

These systems were setup to America/New_York and were running at the time.

Regards,
Tom

--
$Id: .sig,v 1.18 2002/10/12 20:27:23 tom Exp $

pub  1024D/87F1C20F 2001-11-15 Thomas C. Meggs <tom at plik.net>
Key fingerprint = 5E9A D535 B9DA A889 984B  9654 2025 409B 87F1 C20F
http://plik.net/tom/publickey.php

"Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not
dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry."
	    -- Sir Winston Churchill