[TriLUG] redhat & daylight savings time

Thomas C. Meggs tom at plik.net
Tue Oct 29 16:49:59 EST 2002

John Beimler wrote:
> It may have to do with your hardware clock too.  I have all my hardware
> clocks set to UTC on my Linux boxes, so it always has to do some sort of
> math to figure out the local time.  I don't see any reason why not to do
> that unless your system is running Windows too.  That may be why the
> time never fell back, the system was afraid that something else had
> already manipulated the hardware clock and set the "correct" time.

Yeah,

I agree. Unfortunately a lot of computers around here have to dual boot.
But yes, in fact all of the computers that were set to America/New_York
and had the hardware clock set to UTC (almost all of the non dual
booting computers) updated fine.

Regards,
Tom

--
$Id: .sig,v 1.18 2002/10/12 20:27:23 tom Exp $

pub  1024D/87F1C20F 2001-11-15 Thomas C. Meggs <tom at plik.net>
Key fingerprint = 5E9A D535 B9DA A889 984B  9654 2025 409B 87F1 C20F
http://plik.net/tom/publickey.php

"Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not
dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry."
	    -- Sir Winston Churchill