[TriLUG] Postfix question

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Wed Oct 30 10:47:13 EST 2002

here are two sections of my main.cf file that may be relevant (i have not made
any changes to either section, they are default rh80).  my postfix server
bounces mail to an invalid user by default:

# REJECTING UNKNOWN LOCAL USERS
#
# The local_recipient_maps parameter specifies optional lookup tables
# with all names (not addresses) of users that are local with respect
# to $mydestination and $inet_interfaces.  If this parameter is
# defined, then the SMTP server will reject mail for unknown local
# users.
#
# If you use the default Postfix local delivery agent for local
# delivery, uncomment the definition below.
#
# Beware: if the Postfix SMTP server runs chrooted, you may have to
# copy the passwd (not shadow) database into the jail. This is
# system dependent.
#
#local_recipient_maps = $alias_maps unix:passwd.byname

# The luser_relay parameter specifies an optional destination address
# for unknown recipients.  By default, mail for unknown local recipients
# is bounced.
#
# The following expansions are done on luser_relay: $user (recipient
# username), $shell (recipient shell), $home (recipient home directory),
# $recipient (full recipient address), $extension (recipient address
# extension), $domain (recipient domain), $local (entire recipient
# localpart), $recipient_delimiter. Specify ${name?value} or
# ${name:value} to expand value only when $name does (does not) exist.
#
# luser_relay works only for the default Postfix local delivery agent.
#
#luser_relay = $user at other.host
#luser_relay = $local at other.host
#luser_relay = admin+$local