[TriLUG] Enterprise calendaring?

jonc jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 30 13:42:19 EST 2002

<minter at lunenburg.org> wrote.
>We're looking for a corporate calendaring solution, so I thought I'd see
>if anyone here had any opinions.
>
>It needs to have web interface, the ability for select people to schedule
>things on others' calendars, and Palm Pilot sync'ing ability.  It should
>run on Linux, BSD, or Solaris.
>
>We're currently using iPlanet Calendar v5.0p4, which pretty much has
>everything except the Palm sync.
>
>Anyone got any suggestions?

There are a lot of Solutions... Meeting Maker is a commercial one.  It's
strickly a enterprise calendaring solution.  I know a company that has a
server license and a 250 user license neither of which they are currently
using.  You might be able to pick it up fairly cheap.

SuSE has a Open Standards solution that is partially Open Source.  The cost
is just under $1000 but includes the server and unlimited licenses.  The
server in this case is a drop in replacement for Exchange, but includes the
enterprise scheduling of Exchange.  It has a web-based component that works
on all plateforms, or you could use evolution as the client.

Good Luck!

Jon Carnes
(from the road)