[TriLUG] Linksys WPC11 (wireless PC Card)

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Oct 30 14:52:10 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 14:35, Robert Baker wrote:

> Anyway, I'll try it with the AP when I get home.  I assumed the card would
> start without the AP being close by.

Well, the card did "start" -- you got all those stats when running
iwconfig.  The ethernet interface wasn't brought up, but that's okay.
(Did you ever answer if you're using DHCP or static IP configuration?)
I don't see any evidence of problems based on what you've posted so far.

Adding the lines to /etc/pcmcia/config was supposed to give the kernel
card services the necessary "magic" to recognize the Linksys card and
therefore load the right driver.  I'm not sure that actually worked as I
expected, but you do have *some* driver loaded.  You'll have to actually
test it with a real wireless network to see if the card works with that
driver.

--Jeremy