[TriLUG] RH8 & Kernel Compilation

Kevin Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu Oct 31 14:53:09 EST 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 02:45:40PM -0500, Ken Mink spoke thusly:
>   The machine I'm trying it on is a Duron based laptop, nothing special.
> I'm also getting the same results with the stock kernel source from
> kernel.org. Any ideas?

Try this in /usr/src/linux-2.4/ :

make mrproper
cp configs/kernel-2.4.18-athlon.config .config
make oldconfig xconfig dep bzImage modules

And see where that gets you. FWIW, make mrproper is pretty much
required when recompiling the kernel-source tree.

--
--         Kevin Sonney         --