[TriLUG] Gtk-Warning using Coffeecup HTML Editor

Robert Baker rbaker at smithlaw.com
Fri Nov 1 08:00:30 EST 2002

I recently installed Coffeecup HTML Editor on 2 different RH8 systems and
get the following errro when starting and the below when it crashes:

STARTING ERROR.....
HTMLEDITOR: Starting version 4.1
Setting signals...
Setting locale...
Initializing GTK...

Gtk-WARNING **: GModule initialization check failed: Gtk+ version too old
(micro mismatch)

Gtk-WARNING **: GModule initialization check failed: Gtk+ version too old
(micro mismatch)
Initializing system colors...
Parsing configuration file...
Creating GUI...
Creating splash screen...
Done...

CRASHING ERROR.....
HTMLEDITOR: An internal error occured (Segmentation fault). This may be
because a file was  corrupted, or a needed library is not available. You
should contact CoffeeCup Software if  this keeps happening to get an update.

I've searched their site but could not find anything about this.  What is
Gtk+ and how can I fix it?

or better yet does anyone know of a Homesite/CF Studio type of editor for
Linux.  I'm currently testin Bluefish and Coffeecup.

Thanks

<> Rob Baker <>
Webcentric Applications Developer