[TriLUG] Mail Server Class Info

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 3 11:22:52 EST 2002

Hopefully I'll finish the final outline by this Wednesday. I'll publish
that on the web for your perusal and comments. The concept of the class
is that you come in possessing basic Linux Sysadmin skills and leave
being able to bring up your own mail services for yourself or a
corporation.

We're going to begin by following a complete mail transaction: the
sending of an email, its travel across the internet, its acceptance at
you local Mail server, and then its download to an email program.
We'll discuss the concepts for each stage, and then follow-up with
"push-button" examples using Red Hat Linux.

I'm assuming no prior knowledge of Mail servers or POP/IMAP services.

I will look forward to your feedback on the outline!

Jon Carnes

===