[TriLUG] drive mounting

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Mon Nov 4 10:54:48 EST 2002

Try using /dev/hda1, not hda0. Generally there isn't a 0 partition.

If that doesn't work, post the contents of:

fdisk -l

Also, note that you might want to add the option:

-oumask=0000

to the mount command, since without that the partition will be mounted
read-only for everyone but root.

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu