[TriLUG] OT: CD envelopes

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 4 19:41:43 EST 2002

Yes, it most definitely is possible to buy some cheap envelopes for storing
CD ROMS. There are two kinds: plastic ones and paper ones. The paper ones
are more difficult to obtain without ordering them from a Office Supply
Company, but the plastic ones can be bought off the shelf at CompUSA in
Raleigh!! I throw away most of the sorry easily breakable plastic cases I
have for CD's and put them into these plastic cases, which also have a nice
padded surface inside to protect the CD. Moreover, the best ones have holes
which you can punch out with a sharp pencil or ballpoint pen which would
then allow you to create your own custom "books of CD's or computer
programs" in almost any number into hundreds!! This not only makes it easy
to store a lot of  CD's in a very small amount of space, but you can also
save the paper labels that come with the rotten plastic cases which almost
always break when you drop them. But the best thing of all is that when you
store CD's in this manner they are very well protected and you will have
created a BOOK which you can page through disk by disk until you find the
CD's you want.
     Where do you find them in Compusa?? Simple: there is are usually two
aisles near the back of the store which contain all sorts of nifty CD
storage devices, e.g. Storage Boxes , etc., etc. Look there and you will
find them in several quantities and styles. Bon Appetit!!

     They also have STRONGER plastic cases which are one half the size of
those crappy ones that everyone uses, just in case you can't live without
those poorly designed cases.