[TriLUG] Kmail problem

Maria C Winslow maria.winslow at windows-linux.com
Tue Nov 5 12:27:08 EST 2002

Help!
I have a funny problem with KMail that I can't resolve. It won't open
links embedded in email (either in Konqueror or Mozilla - the browser
doesn't seem to matter). First, it stalled for a while, then launched
the browser. But it was trying to open a file in a temp directory of the
  kfmexec app (.kde/share/apps/kfmexec/tmp). There is not much
documentation that I could find on kfmexec, but it appears to be the app
responsible for launching other apps. Sounds like a permission problem,
but it wasn't. And now it just stalls for a while and gives up without
reporting an error. Ideas? It's driving me crazy because I really prefer
Kmail.

Thanks!
Maria