[TriLUG] Extra NIC

William Gomeringer neisture at pihlopase.mine.nu
Wed Nov 6 03:14:12 EST 2002

I asked this question before, but I seem to have lost any replys that I
got. So I will ask it again. I have run out of ports on my router. I
have a bunch of network cards lying around. Instead of buying a hub, can
I put one of these cards in a box that is connected to the router and
use that to plug in my laptop? The laptop is taken out of the house so
much that I have decided not to give it a permanent port on the router.
When I need network access I usually unplug someone else and plug in the
laptop. I really just need to upload information to the server when I
get home, i.e. notes, programming assignments, etc. How would I do
something like this? I know this much; I need a crossover cable. Any
suggestions? William