[TriLUG] OT: Mac OS X list?

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 6 12:09:25 EST 2002

Cool!!

Maybe you can answer the gnawing question several of my friends in the OSX
community have. As you're no doubt aware at present to run anything other
than non-GUI UNIX software from the Terminal on OSX, some version of
X-windows has to be installed, which creates a situation where you would
have TWO GUI's installed (the Mac's and X-Windows). Now the 64 thousand
dollar question appears to be this: Can we ever expect Linux software which
uses KDE or Gnome to install on an OSX machine without X-windows being
installed sometime in the future??