[TriLUG] public lending right (fwd)

Mike Mueller mjm-58 at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 6 13:38:52 EST 2002

This is a good idea.  It's a natural distribution channel for open software.
I don't think it's an idea one could toss over the wall to the public
libraries and then expect it to flourish.  The idea would need continuous
nurture and support from TriLUG going forward.

It would be pretty cool to have installfests and mail server classes and the
like at public libraries.

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 11:23, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> This message came through on the debian list, and made me think: would a
> suitable role for TriLUG be to try to convince public libraries in the
> area to make linux distros available, with documentation, for loan to
> patrons?
>
> ap

> Andrew J Perrin - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
> Assistant Professor of Sociology, U of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
> clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu

mueller, mike

An engineer pretending to have useful IT skills.