[TriLUG] Surround (Rear) Speakers

Jeff Tickle jwtickle at jtsoft.net
Thu Nov 7 06:16:30 EST 2002

Hey everyone...

It seems that the default sound configuration in Red Hat Linux has the
front speakers in a 4-speaker setup much louder than the rear.  It
really defeats the purpose of surround speakers, and its been a problem
before (7.3 too if I remember correctly), but I've just ignored it until
now.

This morning it just started to particularly annoy me.  I searched
Google and was unable to find any mention of this problem, so maybe its
just me.  Or maybe its too early in the morning to be searching Google.
Either way, Sound Card Detection correctly auto-detects an SB Live
emu10k1.  If anyone here has an idea on how to increase the volume of
the rear channel separately, I would sure appreciate it!

-Jeff