[TriLUG] FreeS/WAN

Mark Turner markt at siteseers.net
Thu Nov 7 09:08:10 EST 2002

Hi Ben!

I have set up FreeSWAN many times and really like it. It can be a bit
confusing at first but worth the effort, especially since once it's
going, you don't have to do much to it. There are two ways of using it,
either using a kernel patch or module. I recommend you go the module
route first. My stubborn preference for building my own kernels led to a
lot more effort when I first set up FreeSWAN.

The documentation is more than adequate to get you going. In fact, I
consider it to be one of the better-documented open source projects.

Good luck!

Mark

--
   Mark Turner, N4JMT   Siteseers Inc.