[TriLUG] FreeS/WAN

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 7 09:30:14 EST 2002

I've gotten FreeS/wan to work... It's nice, but not simple.  If you want
to connect sites using IP Sec then you might want to consider using
OpenBSD. The setup under OpenBSD is much easier.

Also, I would recommend you do not use Red Hat linux for your first
attempt.  If you want to use a Linux disto then try Mandrake.  Mandrake
used to come with the Kernel already setup for FreeS/wan (I haven't
checked the recent releases as I've switched over to OpenBSD for these
kinds of applications).

What are you going to be using the FreeS/wan for:  Site-to-Site vpn, or
User-to-Site vpn?

Jon Carnes
===