[TriLUG] web/ftp server install q

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 7 09:38:37 EST 2002

Unless you have a lot of free time and only babysit one server, then
you'll be better off going with RedHat's package management system and
using Up2date.  The errata packages will naturally lag the source fixes
but not by much!  In general the RPM fix for a vulnerability will follow
within 8 hours of the fix being available via source.

The slowest I've seen an rpm fix come out in rpm is 2 days after the
Source was fixed.  Of course that can seem like an eternity!