[TriLUG] RADIUS and LDAP

Jonathan Hassell jon at jonathanhassell.com
Thu Nov 7 10:39:19 EST 2002

You can definitely do that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Leathers [mailto:Ryan.Leathers at globalknowledge.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 9:55 AM
To: 'trilug at trilug.org'
Subject: [TriLUG] RADIUS and LDAP

I realize that the RADIUS topic is just days away, but I find myself in a situation where I need to get something working by the end of the week.  I need to send user and group information from a WIN2K based automated account creation system to a directory.  My choices are MS Active Directory or LDAP (using an in-house java app).  Guess which one I'd like to use.  I also need to authenticate against the directory from a proxy system using either SMB or RADIUS.  So my question is: can I get RADIUS and LDAP running on a Linux host that will give me a one-stop solution ?  I see in the freeradius faq references to LDAP.

Any thoughts ?

Ryan