[TriLUG] Rolling Your Own RPM 101

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Mon Nov 11 12:05:06 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 11:39, Lisa C. Boyd wrote:
> Tanner has volunteered to teach a "Rolling Your Own RPM 101 (with
> special emphasis on the spec file)" class. I also see Sinner has posted
> some instructions that he uses. So who's interested in a class?

I'm interested in it. I also can give a fast presentation on the
7-Steps-HOWTO, or translate the article into English.

This is a quick'n'dirty way for rolling out the needed RPMs ASAP. It
works pretty well. And it's RPM/DEB/TGZ friendly, for all the
debian/slackware guys out there  :)

> Tanner wrote:
> > I'm not sure, however, if it would be better to try it next month
> > or wait until after the holidays.  I kind of like the idea of
> > doing a new class every month, but...

> I don't mind organizing a class for December, but I figured it may be
> difficult to schedule something for everyone (or the most people) to be
> able to come. Holiday times tend to get a little hectic.

> I like the idea of a class every month or so - as many as we can do :)
> so who'd be interested in "Rolling Your Own RPM 101" and would you like
> in December or prefer after the holidays??

After holidays is my vote. As a 'sinner', I must be faithful to my title
and be sinnin' during the holidays  *grin*

> Lisa B.

Salut,
Sinner
--