[TriLUG] no m4

Ryan Leathers Ryan.Leathers at globalknowledge.com
Tue Nov 12 14:21:22 EST 2002

Uh-oh

I just built a redhat 8 box with security set to high and I allowed
dns:tcp in addition to checking smtp as an allowable port.  During
install the only packages I selected during custom install were mail
server and dns server.  I thought this would be a good base to work from
in playing with sendmail.

After rebooting the box I vi'ed the sendmail.mc to dnl the localhost
line and replace the Cw line with the host's fqdn.  No problems there.
When I try to m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf from /etc/mail it seems that
m4 is missing.  Did I miss it in my package selection ?  If so how can I
get it without a bunch of other clutter ?

Ryan