[TriLUG] ...while we're talking about printers,

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Wed Nov 13 09:10:49 EST 2002

any chance of getting a hint at making mine work?  i successfully
printed the red hat printconf test page using a winblows 2000 print
queue on a hp jetdirect.

however, in my red hat apps, the only print that appears is not the one
i want.  do you have to go into each app (evolution, navigator, etc) and
define a printer or do it globally?  it has been so long since i used
unix that i can't remember squat.  seems like there used to be a
.profile in the user's home dir.  help!

here's the share:
\\terrapin\hpdj1220c

it's on port 1 at 192.168.1.252.

what is the syntax to differentiate the 3 ports on the jetdirect?

if i can get printing to work, i'm going to pitch a bunch of white boxes
w/ rh8 to replace some fledgling old p90 winblows 95 machines at this
manufacturing plant.

eventually, i want to replace the whole network with linux yet need to
take small steps so my a@@ doesn't get in a sling.

seeya,

jim