[TriLUG] remote printing - I can't get it to work

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Wed Nov 13 09:33:09 EST 2002

you might want to try CUPS instead of LPD, it supposedly makes network
printing easier since it uses auto-discovery/broadcasts to find other CUPS
nodes automatically.  i use CUPS at my home office with a jetdirect printer
and it works great.

there is a 'redhat-switch-printer' utility on RH73 that lets you switch
between the two print daemons

once CUPS is running you hit it from a broswer: http://localhost:631

check out linuxprinting.org for additional info

jason