[TriLUG] ...while we're talking about printers,

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Nov 13 09:58:20 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 09:50, Jim Ray wrote:
> Jeremy Portzer wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 09:10, Jim Ray wrote:
> >

> >>any chance of getting a hint at making mine work?  i successfully
> >>printed the red hat printconf test page using a winblows 2000 print
> >>queue on a hp jetdirect.
> >>
> >>however, in my red hat apps, the only print that appears is not the one
> >>i want.  do you have to go into each app (evolution, navigator, etc) and
> >>define a printer or do it globally?
> >>

> >What were your exact problems printing from an application like
> >mozilla?
> >
> it was an ID 10 T error.  it works fine.  i just didn't know how it
> works.  when i didn't see \\terrapin\hpdj1220c show up anywhere, i never
> clicked print...

Glad you got it working.  Yeah, print queues in Linux work a little
differently from Windows, but generally work pretty well IMO.

Now, if anyone knows why my HP LaserJet 5M gives an "MIO+ Error" when
printing from Mozilla, I'd like to know!  The printer works fine from
other applications, and the *same web pages* print fine from Netscape
4.7, but Mozilla printouts almost never work.

--Jeremy