[TriLUG] NFS woes

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Wed Nov 13 10:52:45 EST 2002

the redhat press book says that message occurs when client attempts to contact
the server timeout.  it suggests that the root problem is usually network
related.  my hunch is that it may be a ethernet issue, incorrect speed and/or
duplex settings.  are you using 3Com nics?  they have frequently caused me
grief by having weird/difficult to troubleshoot problems.  furthermore, i had
problems with NFS on RH73 like frequent timeouts, very slow start/stop times
(like ten minutes to execute 'service nfs start') and so on.  RH72 and RH80
have been flawless with NFS though.  maybe try the latest RPM package?

jason