[TriLUG] Diskless w/s for legacy DOS app?

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Wed Nov 13 13:00:36 EST 2002

We've had success using the LTSP software ( http://www.ltsp.org ).  This
allows us to create boot floppies ( http://www.romomatic.net ) and access
a Linux terminal server from a 'dumb' workstation.  If you can get your
dos app to run from in an emulator under Linux this may work well for you.
 There are configuration options that allow running certain apps locally,
I would assume that you could print locally as well, although we have not
tried this yet.

Michael W. Thompson
Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
Information Technologies Department